Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Way too early projections for C.O.L.A. (May, 2024 edition)

The C.O.L.A. for 2025 won't be announced until October 10th, 2024, but I have read some early speculation.

In mid-May, following fresh inflation data, the Senior Citizens League upped its 2025 Social Security COLA estimate ever so slightly to 2.66%. That's an improvement from 1.75%, but it may read as a disappointment in light of more recent COLAs.

I'll just jump in with a current projection of 2.7% to 3.0%.


Naturally, it is way too early, but I can join in on the fun of speculation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparison of Inflation in selected countries- September, 2024 Edition

With the United Kingdom, Canada, and EUstats release of June data, I have updated my comparison graph.  [ Note, the USA(EU method) is direct...