Friday, August 30, 2024

Review of July 2024 data, 2Q GDP, PCE and personal income

The monthly summary continues to improve, although PPI numbers continue to be a concern... going forward. 


Regarding personal income, etc., read here.

The 2nd quarter GDP was revised upward. I was puzzled by the statement regarding consumer spending and thus the headlines of resilient consumers. I would have expected consumer spending to be at or above the overall GDP announcement. 

But that is just me. It is an election year and important to convince the consumers... they are doing well.

Oh Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparison of Inflation in selected countries- September, 2024 Edition

With the United Kingdom, Canada, and EUstats release of June data, I have updated my comparison graph.  [ Note, the USA(EU method) is direct...