Thursday, December 14, 2023

My electricity bills over time (December 2023 Edition)

It's December and the monthly bill has arrived.


As always, weather is a factor in consumption, which is why a rolling average is also important. Currently, that 12 month rolling average is -2.4% below last year. 
[I suspect it might continue to be lower, as I altered the thermostat settings in December of 2022. I adjusted the nighttime heating settings from 68°F to 72°F, which would increase the usage in winter time. Daytime heat settings remained at 72°F.

Cooling settings remain at 76°F daytime and 72°F for nighttime. Additionally, the number of days between meter readings vary.]

The conclusion at this point, is this year's electricity bill is running -2.7% below last year. THAT is a good thing. 😀

To put my in perspective the average family spends $160.22 per month on Electricity. They also, spend roughly $2,600 on gasoline per year, whereas I spend roughly $200.

The point being, I am not average. None of us are truly average... we are above or below in most things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

An Quick look at August 2026 Inflation data and COLA outlook.

With today's BLS inflation report, the numbers look like this... The PPI report, from yesterday, lends to the belief the inflation rate ...