Saturday, June 15, 2024

My electricity bills over time (June, 2024 Edition)

My electricity usage over time. I track many things to monitor my inflation versus the CPI.


The June bill came in lower than the past 3 years and down -8.4% from one year ago. Granted, it is bill only, not adjusted for days in the reading, etc.

As for the rolling 12 month average...


The rolling average is down -8.2% from one year ago. Another hopeful sign.

As for average by year, (note 2024 only has 6 months).


In theory, the remainder of 2024, should pull that number down. How much?

I should also point out... my weighting for electricity, is higher than the CPI. That is due to my overall expenditures being much lower than the Statistical CPI household. Which also means that movement in electricity bills have greater impact on my overall spending.

The weather is set to really heat up, so next month's electricity bill will likely come in much higher. I won't sweat it too much, as the thermostat will stay the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparison of Inflation in selected countries- September, 2024 Edition

With the United Kingdom, Canada, and EUstats release of June data, I have updated my comparison graph.  [ Note, the USA(EU method) is direct...